BY-LAWS PALETTEERS ART GROUP
Revised June 2013
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization is The Paletteers, organized in 1952 and associated with the Palos Verdes Community Arts Association in 1960.
ARTICLE II: OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSES
The purpose of this organization is to maintain a club consisting of members who are actively engaged in the visual arts, to further their knowledge of art and to promote enjoyment in pursuit of this knowledge.
ARTICLE III: CHARTER MEMBERS
Helen Abram Enid Coors Annette Smith
Grace Armstrong Pat Fullerton Judith Jall
Stephanie Harrison Ann Berry Anne Lebkicker
Dorothy Chacksfield Georgia McBean Peggy Phillips
First Honarary member: Jean Dayton West
ARTICLE IV: CONSTITUTION
This constitution may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the active members present.
ARTICLE V: MEMBERSHIP
SECTION I: The membership shall be limited to sixty (60) people.
SECTION II: There shall be three classes of membership: active, associate and emeritus.
A. Active Members
a. Shall either participate in art classes, work with fellow Paletteers or be actively engaged in the field of visual arts.
b. Shall be available to hold office, serve on a committee, and attend at least four (4) meetings per year.
B. *Associate Members
a. Are members who cannot meet the requirements for active membership.
b. Have social privileges of attending meetings, events, and luncheons.
c. May not participate in PVACA Exhibitions, Exhibitions sponsored by PVACA outside the PV Art Center, or Malaga Cove Exhibitions.
d. Are not counted in the total allowed members of 60. May become active upon request.
a. The Board at their discretion may honor distinguished, long-term members who are unable to participate and attend regular meetings by granting them the status of “member emeritus”. They will have full rights of membership without being obligated to pay dues. A member emeritus will be counted outside the sixty (60) member limit as designated in the by-laws.
SECTION III: ADMISSION TO MEMBERSHIP
A. Membership is by invitation..
B. Each active member may present no more than two (2) candidates per year.
C. The Executive Board, at one of their meetings, shall be responsible for qualifying, reviewing and selecting candidates for membership.
D. All members of the Paletteers shall be members of the Palos Verdes Art Association.
E. Former members who wish to rejoin the Paletteers may do so at the discretion of the Executive Board.
ARTICLE VI: OFFICERS
SECTION I: Officers shall be President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, Treasurer, E-Mail Chairman, Activities Chairman (men), Hospitality Chairmen, *Membership Chairmen, Historian/Photographer, and Website Publisher.
SECTION II: These officers and the retiring President shall constitute the Executive Board.
SECTION III: Terms of office shall be for one (1) year or until their successors are elected and installed.
SECTION IV: Any vacancy in office shall be filled at the discretion of the Executive Board.
STANDING RULES OF THE PALETTEERS
1. The fiscal year shall begin June 1.
*2. Annual dues shall be $35.00 for active members and $50 for associate members.
3. The Vice President will form a nominating committee to recruit members to fill open Board/committee positions.
4. Officers shall assume duties July 1.
5. Elections shall be held in May.
6. New members shall pay yearly dues upon admittance pro rated to $14 if their entry is January or later.
7. Any expenditure over $200. 00 must have the approval of the Board.
8. Paletteers meetings shall be held on the second Tuesday of the month; there will be no meetings during January, July and August.
9. Membership is limited to not more than sixty (60.
10. Members whose dues to the Paletteers are not paid for one year will be dropped from the membership after notice has been given.
11. * Members who do not meet the requirement for attendance at regular meetings will receive a letter from the Corresponding Secretary reminding them of this obligation for continued membership. Should this not be heeded, the member may be asked to resign. If the member is ill and cannot attend meetings, this will be considered an extenuating circumstance.
* Signifies a change since last revision in December, 2009.