Minutes of Meeting
October 14, 2014
PV Art Center
- Past Minutes – You can read them on the website at: www.paletteers.net. To log in – Put your name for example: suzannekuuskmae (your user name) and for your password create one the first time writing it down somewhere so you can use it again when you log in.
- To find information after logging in, click on Meetings and you will find the minutes, roster, by laws, and much more. Any problems? Call Jon Thornton at: 310 – 961-4477.
- Introduction of two new members: Gina Di Pietro & Annie Clavel.
- Activities Chair – We need a replacement as curtrent chair has resigned. Plans for future meetings have been made: Gerald Bronner will demonstate at our November meeting and the December meeting will be luncheon at Admiral Risty.
- Exhibition – Take-In is November 10 from 10:00 to 12:00; show cards will be given out at that time. All paintings must be wired and hanging will follow at noon. The format will have all paintings of each member hanging together.
- Reception will be December 6 from 1 – 4 and we will be serving finger food and bottled water. We need a coordinator for this endeavor and Frances Nebolon has stepped up to take this responsibility.
- Review of helpers names – There is a sign up sheet at the back of the room for others to sign up.
- Sales of artworks will be handled by the woman who sits at the front desk and she will have a listing of all exhibitors names & phone numbers so that they can be contacted directly. 25% of sales will go to Switzer Learning Centers.
- Roster corrections – Ann Hugh has worked very hard to have a correct listing which she also gave to PV Art Center for their records. Look on the Website if you want to see it.
- Other Concerns:
- Holiday Show at PVAC is for all PVAC members – not only the 7 art groups. The Prospectus will be on the website and will be emailed to you as well. Show is November 26 to January 4, 2015. Take-In will be Nobember 22, 8 – 11 a.m. and pick-up is 3 – 4:00 that same day Reception will be December 5, from 6 – 9 p.m. January 5 pick up artwork 9 – 12. Cheryl Klein, from Los Angeles, will be the juror for this show. Size Max is 50” wide by 72” high. All information will be on their website.
- Members who are ill:
- Margaret and David MacGuinness are both ill and we decided to send them a fruit basket. Debra Young will do this.
- Beverly Metcalf has lung cancer. Sue sent her a nice flower arrangement from the Paletteers and Diane Kern, who has visited her recently, read a note from Beverly. There will be a showing of Beverly’s artwork at Christ Church in Redondo on November 7.
- We have several members showing at South Bay Focus at Torrance Art Museum.
- We need volunteers to bring refreshments to upcoming meetings.
Meeting adjourned at 10:45.
Demonstration by Rosemary Bandes on how she uses found art to create her paintings.